When you as a visitor come to our sites, third parties (such as AdRoll, Adwords, Analytics and some other providers we may use in the future) place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
The types of personal data collected by our website may include: IP addresses, cookie identifiers or other tracking technologies such as pixels, and end-user website activity.
What Data We Collect
- Activity on Our Digital Properties: browsing activity on our websites. For example, information on which pages you visited and when, how much time was spent on a page, what items were clicked on a page etc.
- Customer Service Information: Information provided to customer service including your email address, to allow us to respond to your inquiries or if you ask us to send you our newsletters.
- Contact Information: Your name, address, phone number and email may be saved when you book with us.
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information is collected directly by our booking engine processor and not stored at our data base.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we lawfully receive from other digital advertising companies (“Advertising Partners”) to allow us to deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information from other third party sources, for example, demographic data or title and employer data. We use this data to better understand our customers and allow us to better market ourselves to you.
- Device and browser information: For example, your device’s IP address, operating system used, cookie string data and type of mobile device.
- Ad data: The online ads that we show on our pages. Including what page the ad appears on, how many times it appears and how you interact with the ad.
How We Use the Data We Collect
- Cross-device matching: Identifying all devices that are likely to be associated with you so that ads can be targeted, capped and sequenced across all of those devices.
- Customize, measure and improve our website and services.
- Targeting: Selecting ads that are likely to be relevant to you on other sites.
- Reporting: View ad metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions to help us understand how our ads are performing and gain insights into our customers to help identify ads that are useful to our customers and update our ad or ad campaign strategy accordingly.
- Deliver Targeted Marketing: We use third party providers (such as Adroll, Google Adwords) to generate and route marketing leads for our business and to deliver targeted marketing to you.
- Frequency capping: Ensuring you don’t see the same ad too many times.
- Sequencing: If you are viewing a sequence of ads, making sure you see these in the right order.
- Attribution: Monitoring ad behavior to allow us to measure our marketing efforts and gauge results of campaigns.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (European Territory Visitors only)
- With our service providers.
- With other digital advertising companies.
Cookies and other technologies
- Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll” and “__adroll_fpc”.
|Tracking cookies||Non-tracking cookies|
Opting-Out is always available
We understand how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling “interest-based ads” and how we use your data.
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but these ads may be less relevant as they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for example be randomly generated or simply based on the web page you are visiting.
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- They also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here
- Our third party digital marketing providers such as AdRoll are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- They also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their “Your Online Choices” website here.
- Our third party digital marketing providers comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here
For another opt-out options you can also visit:
We retain data for as long as necessary to target our ads and offer better relevant strategies to you. This may include:
- Mobile Identifiers and Cookie Identifiers.
- Personal Data Associated with Real Time Bids.
- Personal Data Associated with the Display of an Advertisable.
Data protection rights for European Territory residents
If you are a resident of a European Territory, you have the following enhanced rights under EU data protection law:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
You can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. To do so, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.