When you as a visitor come to our sites, third parties (such as AdRoll, Adwords, Analytics and some other providers we may use in the future) place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
The types of personal data collected by our website may include: IP addresses, cookie identifiers or other tracking technologies such as pixels, and end-user website activity.
What Data We Collect
We may collect various types of information for different reasons, which are detailed below:
- Activity on Our Digital Properties: browsing activity on our websites. For example, information on which pages you visited and when, how much time was spent on a page, what items were clicked on a page etc.
- Customer Service Information: Information provided to customer service including your email address, to allow us to respond to your inquiries or if you ask us to send you our newsletters.
- Contact Information: Your name, address, phone number and email may be saved when you book with us.
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information is collected directly by our booking engine processor and not stored at our data base.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we lawfully receive from other digital advertising companies (“Advertising Partners”) to allow us to deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information from other third party sources, for example, demographic data or title and employer data. We use this data to better understand our customers and allow us to better market ourselves to you.
- Device and browser information: For example, your device’s IP address, operating system used, cookie string data and type of mobile device.
- Ad data: The online ads that we show on our pages. Including what page the ad appears on, how many times it appears and how you interact with the ad.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We use this data to operate our business, provide services to you and personalize Colibri Group advertising and marketing materials we offer to you:
- Cross-device matching: Identifying all devices that are likely to be associated with you so that ads can be targeted, capped and sequenced across all of those devices.
- Customize, measure and improve our website and services.
- Targeting: Selecting ads that are likely to be relevant to you on other sites.
- Reporting: View ad metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions to help us understand how our ads are performing and gain insights into our customers to help identify ads that are useful to our customers and update our ad or ad campaign strategy accordingly.
- Deliver Targeted Marketing: We use third party providers (such as Adroll, Google Adwords) to generate and route marketing leads for our business and to deliver targeted marketing to you
- Frequency capping: Ensuring you don’t see the same ad too many times.
- Sequencing: If you are viewing a sequence of ads, making sure you see these in the right order.
- Attribution: Monitoring ad behavior to allow us to measure our marketing efforts and gauge results of campaigns.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (European Territory Visitors only)
In compliance with European privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are a visitor from the European Territories, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
“European Territories” meaning the European Economic Area and Switzerland and for the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the United Kingdom.
We collect and process personal data based on consent, where the processing is in our legitimate interests. For example, to administer our marketing campaigns.
If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact form provided in the footer.
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers.
- With other digital advertising companies.
Cookies and other technologies
Tracking cookies enable us to identify your device when you move between different Digital Properties, so that we can provide targeted advertising to you.
- Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll” and “__adroll_fpc”.
Additionally, we use non-tracking cookies (not unique) to store user decisions in terms of your ad consent and opt-out choices:
We work with AdRoll Group, below you can find a list of cookies we set out to offer target ads:
|Tracking cookies||Non-tracking cookies|
Opting-Out is always available
We understand how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling “interest-based ads” and how we use your data.
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but these ads may be less relevant as they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for example be randomly generated or simply based on the web page you are visiting.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) from us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, so, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see the directions below regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out.
- Industry Opt-Out Tools and Self-Regulation:
- They also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- Our third party digital marketing providers such as AdRoll are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- They also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their “Your Online Choices” website here.
- Our third party digital marketing providers comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
For another opt-out options you can also visit:
You can also request that we stop email marketing to you, to do so please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
We retain data for as long as necessary to target our ads and offer better relevant strategies to you. This may include:
- Mobile Identifiers and Cookie Identifiers.
- Personal Data Associated with Real Time Bids.
- Personal Data Associated with the Display of an Advertisable.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Data protection rights for European Territory residents
If you are a resident of a European Territory, you have the following enhanced rights under EU data protection law:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
You can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. To do so, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Specifically, you can withdraw consent for Colibri Boutique Hotels or any of our digital advertisement partners, using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Territories are available here.) However, if you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.
Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or about Irie Tulum, please contact us using the contact form provided on the footer or in the link “contact us”.